Retreat in monastery at Bodhgaya: YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE
This is a very unique tour, especially designed for those of you who wants to escape the monotonous work life and spent some quality time with your innerself. The calm and the peace of mind you are seeking all this while in the daily routine will be awakened with this 10 days retreat tour. The subject of this year’s retreat is 37 practice on Bodhisattva .
YOUR DAY AT BODHGAYA: We want you to savour every moment of your Retreat. The programme has been especially designed so that you can absorb and reflect on the day and what you’ve learnt from it. By aiming to have a very productive tour, we have arranged discussions with the Geshe La, with the end of the day Teachings.
Geshe Chamba Tongyut was born in Ladakh, at the age of 11, he took novice ordination vows(Getsul) from Kybje Ling Rinpoche, one of the great tutors of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. In 1981 he joined Drepung Gomang monastery to pursue Buddhist Philosophy. In 2003, he has conferred a title of Geshe ‘Lharampa’ Degree which is equivalent to Ph.D., the highest spiritual degree in Gelugpa tradition of Tibetan Buddhist. He joined Gyuto Tantric college in Dharamsala at the end of the year 2003, he studied tantric and served as Vajra master from 2008 to 2009. He was also appointed as the discipline master (Gegu) of Drepung Gomang monastery.
Since 1992, Geshe La traveled around the world to preach, to spread the word of wisdom, love, compassion and universal responsibility. Geshe La has led the First and second Mindfulness retreat tour organized by a Soulful tour in Dharamsala. His presence has led such a positive feedback from the participants and led a huge difference in making the soulful tour life-changing moments for the participants. Fortunately, this time also Geshe Chamba la will leading for upcoming mindfulness retreat in Bodhgaya from 26th Dec 2018 to 6th Jan 2019.
• Reach Bodhgaya
• In the evening, there will be a briefing and meeting with fellow participant, coordinator.
• Dinner is provided (D)
• Morning begins at 6:30am with steaming cup of Tibetan medicinal herbal tea, followed by Breakfast
• After Breakfast walking tour or circumambulation of Mahabodhi Temple.
• Back to Lunch
• After Lunch introduction on Buddhism by Geshe la followed by tea break.
• After tea break introduction of His Holiness teaching by Geshe la
• In the evening there will be Meditation session from 5:00 – 6:30pm
• Breakfast and Dinner is provided (B+L+D)
• Morning begins with Prayer & Meditation at 6:30am
• After early breakfast attending His Holiness the Dalai Lama teaching on on Gyalsey Thokme Sangpo’s 37 Practices of a Boddhisattva (laklen sodunma) and Dharmakirti’s Pramanavartika – Commentary on Valid Cognition (tsema namdrel).
• On 31st morning attending a long life offering prayer for His Holiness
• Recapitulation of daytime teachings and panel discussion with your tour teacher.(3:30 pm – 5:00pm)
• Tea break 5:00 – 5:30pm
• Geshe la teaching session following with evening meditation from 5:30pm – 7:00pm
• Dinner: 7:30 pm
• Overnight at monastery guest house.
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner provided (B+ L+D)
• Morning begins at 7:00am with steaming cup of Tibetan medicinal herbal tea, followed by Guided prayer and meditation) at (7:00-8:00am)
• Breakfast (8:30-9:30am)
• 1st Teaching Session is from 10:30 am onwards, followed by Lunch at 12:30 to 1:30
• 2ndTeaching Session will begin from 2:00pm onwards followed by tea break at 4:00 Pm.
• Group discussion and panel discussion 5:00 – 6:30pm
• Dinner & Closing 7:00- 8:00pm
• Evening Meditation 8:00-9:00pm
• After early breakfast drive to Nalanda and Velture peak.
• Offering of prayer flags which will be hung on a hill of velture accompanied by traditional rituals and offerings.
• Recitation of Heart Sutra
• Guided pilgrimage to Nalanda
• Drive back to Bodhgaya
All programmes and timings are subject to change. Photography and mobile phones are strictly prohibited during the teaching and meditation sessions. Special meditation cushions will be provided to all delegates. There is special seating with back-rests only for those who cannot sit on the ground. All sessions will be conducted in English.
My Tour with Soulful to Dharamshala was really awesome and learned lot about lifefrm HH Dalai Lama. I would love to start my new year with you in Bodhgaya. Thanks for organizing these lovely lifetime journeys.